It’s how we supply that makes us unique.
It’s how we supply that makes the difference.
By acting as a facilitator and not as a trader or processor. By charging a fee for service and not taking a margin.
We operate in this manner so we can remain completely independent of all parties in the supply chain.
The difference being that we act solely in the interest of the retail brand and without any bias or conflict of interest.
A New Approach to Supply
Our purpose is to assist retail brands.
Our focus is to create ease, efficiency and supply certainty.
Three Simple Steps for Retail Brands
Make the decision to engage in a managed supply chain.
- Provide us with an outline of your product categories, volumes and time-frames
- Introduce us to your preferred spinner and knitter or weaver.
- Advise your spinner* that your are working with NewMerino® to provide a totally transparent supply chain.
- That you will require NewMerino® Transaction Certificates.
- That NewMerino® will be selecting and verifying the farmers from which the wool is to be sourced
* or your first point of contact in your supply chain
We are now on your team, working with your processing partners to ensure that your merino products will be:
- Ethically managed
- Sustainably produced
- Fully Traceable
100% Australian merino - and you will be able to prove it.
What we will do for you
Develop lead time plan
Starting with the date finished goods are required to be in your stores, this plan calculates times and dates for each processing stage right back to the selection of suitable farms and required shipping date of greasy wool from Australia.
Develop Supply plan report
This report will:
- Confirms supply chain partners
- Confirm the attributes required
- Identify a time line for greasy wool supply and tops and yarn production
- Identify and communicate with suitably qualified farmers.
- Work with farmers to determine availability of technically suitable wool and compliance with standards and protocols.
Facilitate Purchase and Export
- Work with topmaker and their Australian exporter to facilitate purchasing and export of greasy wool in accordance with specifications.
Provide Transaction Certificates
- Greasy Wool Transaction Certificate
- Topmaking Transaction Certificate
- Spinning Transaction Certificate
- We will keep you informed of progress at each stage.
- Provide you with a ‘Certificate of Origin & Attributes’. This report consolidates all key information about the consignment – the critical components for traceability. These include:
- Contributing farmers and volumes from each farm.
- Greasy wool consignment details providing weighted average of all farm lots included.
- Names of all processing partners and shipping details.
- Production details of tops and yarn