Three Simple Steps for Retail Brands
Make the decision to engage in a managed supply chain
- Advise us your company’s sustainability and animal welfare goals.
- Provide us with an outline of your product categories and time-frames
- Introduce us to your preferred spinner and knitter or weaver.
- Advise your spinner* that your are working with NewMerino® to provide a totally transparent supply chain.
- That you will require NewMerino® Transaction Certificates.
- That NewMerino® will be selecting and verifying the farmers from which the wool is to be sourced
* or your first point of contact in your supply chain
We are now on your team, working with your processing partners to ensure that your merino products will be:
- Ethically managed
- Sustainably produced
- Fully Traceable
100% Australian merino – and you will be able to prove it.
This is what we will do for you:
Develop lead time plan
In consultation with your spinner we will calculate shipping date ex Australia to meet processing lead times.
Develop Supply plan report
This report will:
- Confirms supply chain partners
- Confirm the attributes required
- Identify a time line for greasy wool supply and tops and yarn production
- Identify and communicate with suitably qualified farmers.
- Work with farmers to determine availability of technically suitable wool and compliance with standards and protocols.
Facilitate Purchase and Export
- Work with topmaker and their Australian exporter to facilitate purchasing and export of greasy wool in accordance with specifications.
Provide Transaction Certificates
- Greasy Wool Transaction Certificate
- Topmaking Transaction Certificate
- Spinning Transaction Certificate
- We will keep you informed of progress at each stage.
- Provide you with a ‘Certificate of Origin & Attributes’. This report consolidates all key information about the consignment – the critical components for traceability. These include:
- Contributing farmers and volumes from each farm.
- Greasy wool consignment details providing weighted average of all farm lots included.
- Names of all processing partners and shipping details.
- Production details of tops and yarn
Additionally we will provide other relevant information you may require to develop your marketing story.