New Generation Farmers
All wool supplied into the NewMerino® chain of custody must come from ‘Registered’ NewMerino Growers’.
These growers must demonstrate that their farms are managed in a sustainable and holistic manner and that all animals are cared for in accordance with NewMerino® standards for responsible farm management.
Note: Mulesing or any form of breech modification is not permitted.
Registered Merino Growers
All farmers are required to:
Complete the 23 point Identity Profile*
Complete the 52 point Farm Fact Sheet*
Complete and sign the Farmer Declaration Form**
A desk audit of the farm will be conducted using the information provided on the above three elements.
The desk audit will indicate if the farm is complying with all the ‘Critical’ and ‘Major’ elements of the standard.
If this is the case. the farm will become a ‘Registered’ NewMerino® supplier and will be subject to an on-farm audit.
* Web based **Declaration form will be emailed
To become Certified Preferred Producer farmers are required to:
- Complete all steps described for a Registered Merino Grower.
- Provide and maintain a forecast of their annual production by mob, and shearing date using the web based forecasting system.
- Host an ‘on farm’ audit providing full access to all elements of the farm including records, livestock, structural facilities, workers etc as requested by the auditor.
- Correct all non-conformance items down to ‘Minor’ level and any ‘Recommendations’ arising from the audit.
Farmers will then be classified as Certified NewMerino® Preferred Producers.